Dienstag, 25. Mai 2010

Lazy sunday and monday - so no entry - but here we are again....

Sunday and monday were such beautiful days - I nearly had forgotten how lovely spring can be. We had two awesome days with lots of sunshine and nice temperatures - around 25 degrees. Hub came home from the final of the championselage on Sunday around 01.00 pm and we decided to have a bbq in the afternoon as the weather forecast said in the evening there could be some rain showers close to the Alpes. But no rain in sight and we enjoyed a whole day outstide.
 
Monday the weather again was sunny and no clouds in the sky - we had breakfast outside (for the first time this year - no thats not true - we had it already in Turkey in April - but here at home it was the first time). Then later we did some gardening and in the afternoon we had a cup of coffee with our neighbours and then we did a long walk around the area - was soooo nice it was warm enough to wear a summer dress. Later in the evening we had a bbq again and some asparagus (I love it) and we went inside at 9 pm.

On saturday I ran 10 kms and I felt great - sunday I only ran 5 km - but felt also great. So monday run was cancelled due to the fact being lazy and enjoying the garden and today I have to do my 10 km run again - have a new route and love it. So nothing really interesting happened the last days - just relaxed days and enjoying the beautiful weather. 

On friday I have an official photoshooting again in the evening  - so far my "business" runs good this year. In June I have to fly to Duesseldorf for a photoshooting and I will do some photoshootings with my friends and their children. I had to take a lot of courage to tell them I won't do that for free - I am a "photographer" and this is my business and I have to be paid for that. Once a acquaintance asked me to do a photoshooting for her and asked for a "special friendship cost". I told her that I have no special friendship costs - she can inform herself about my prices on my homepage and if this is okay for her I'll do the shooting - if not - she can choose another photographer. (I have to say my fees are much lower than the fees of others - I have a problem to match my fees with theirs as I have no education in photography - all my knowlede comes from practicing and reading 100's of books). I always wonder how people think they can ask me for doing my job without being paid. I also have costs - I have drive to them - I am there and I work with them for hours and hours - I have to drive home again - I have to edit some photos - I have to burn it on a dvd or cd or whatever... and I am busy for a whole day and then for free??? I once asked a friend if she would do her work in the office for free and she immediately said no - so I won't do that either I replied. Big eyes in her face - aha if you turn the situation upside down - they see it with different eyes.




2 Kommentare:

  1. Stunning photo....well done, I have never tried something so abstract.
    Am a little nervous.

    Well done on all your runs so far...good going...the weather has been amazing for us to be outside. I know next week while I'm in hospital Germany will have the best summer days!!! My luck.

    I agree - this is your job and you cant do it for free....the work that goes into photography and the costs only someone who does it would understand.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. WOW!!! Glad to see ya got some nice weather! Proud of ya for stickin' with your running and it makes you happy!
    Your work is work and most folks, even friends ahoud understand. Cute that ya turned the tables tho, lol. I know it had to be hard to do.
    I've gotten back into my sculpting and if I can get enough courage I'm gonna put one up on ebay to see what happens... Ashleys says I've only failed if I dont try, lol. Who is the child? LMAO
    Well, have a great day!

    AntwortenLöschen