Dienstag, 29. Juni 2010

My working weekend in Duesseldorf - part one

I started the day with checking my completely packed photobag (as always because I always think there is something missing....) and later I packed my small suitcase and called a taxi. First I thought I will drive to the airport with my car but parking there is sooo expensive - 2 days and you have to pay 45 Euros. So I called a taxi and left it at "Ostbahnhof" to get the "S-Bahn" to the airport. There are two lines who get the people to the airport and when I arrived there was one S-Bahn announced to leave in 3 minutes. Okay for me - the other one I had to wait 10 minutes - so I decided to take the first one. Came - I went on it - got a seat and then I checked the route- man - it will be a roundtrip though the city .... I immediately snapped my suitcase and photoback and jumped out - it would have taken me an hour to get to the airport. So I left the platform and looked for the other S-Bahn to arrive - in time and I jumped on it - got a seat too and was taken to the airport in half an hour.
When I arrived at the airport I had a long walk to my check in - man -  I am not used to get to the airport via S-Bahn but finally found my check in and " queue-ed" There were about 10 people in front of me which was fine. But after the woman at the desk served two people she told us that she will leave her desk and we have to "queue" at the desks of "Business card" and "Gold/Silver card". As I have non of them I thought to myself if this is right but first we moaned a little as the last people in the queue now were the frist ones and thats a little unfair. Okay so we all went to the other desks and I recognized that the woman at the desk asked all the people for their "Business/Gold/Silver" cards - non of them had one as normally they would have gone straight to the desk. So everyone told the woman that we were "sent over" from another colleague. When it was my turn I was asked for the business card too and I replied that I don't have one and was "sent over". She looked at me and said: Okay, but thats not my problem - do you know that you can only queue here if you have one of these cards?
I really got angry and replied: Yes - and its not my problem when your colleague decides to close her desk and ask us to queue here- or is it? (That time my voice got a little louder....) She immediately changed - smiled at me and asked if I want a seat on the window- yes - if possible - I smiled back at her and we "were friends again".
Always the same when checking my bags and when I have my cameras with me - have to show them and they want to have a look through the lense.... had time enough for a coffee and a "Apfelschorle" and then my "colleague" Tobias arrived (I work with him together every now and then and he is a "real photographer" - did this education and he does really good photos - i never told him that I am not a neducated photographer and til now he didn't asked so in his eyes I think I am a "colleague") - we talked a little and then it was time for boarding - by this way when I walked though the barrier and showed my ticked there was a "beep"... hmmmm I had no idea and then a guy came and checked my ticket and told me that my seat number is given two times so it may be possible that the seat is taken already. Funny - should I do the service of the stewardess instead? I had to go though the barrier and was told to walk straight through the plane and there will be a seat when all guests have arrived. Okay in the end I got a better seat than expected and then we waited - and waited - and waited. Departure was 3 o clock pm and we finally left Munich at 4.05 pm....
Shit shit shit - the evening should start at 6 o clock and I had no clue how far it is from the Duesseldorf airport to the hotel.....Arrived in Duesseldorf at 5 o clock - shuttle waited for us and we were collected and I finally arrived at my hotel at 5.35 - so 25 mins to get my room and refresh..... HUIIIII - didn't know that I can be sooo fast - lol - suitcase flew in the corner - clothes in the other corner - bath for 10 mins and then my cam and my handbag and off I was.....
To relax  I got a glass of champagne and then we walkes 5 minutes to the restaurant - had a nice dinner and after the 3rd dish the surprise for all others (I was told who is the special guest this evening and was ready to "shooot") arrived. UWE KROEGER  who is a very well nown musical star and singer entertained the group for more than 1,5 hours..... 

This is Karin who arranged the whole weekend - she offered me that job (I worked for her last year for two great events and we are meeting up for a coffee every now and then) and she was totally blown away when Uwe came to her and asked her to dance....
This is a nice shot because when she danced she asked Uwe: Do you see the photographer? - he immedately turned and thank god I was ready to "shoot". She was soooo happy with this photo and when she came to me after the dance she only said: I will never wash myself again.... he touched me - I will never wash myself again..... LOLOLOL!


Look at the look (okay his eyes are closed) he gave to her - unfortunately Uwe has no interest in woman - he lives with his friend for more than 10 years now....



Aww this photo blew Karin away - when I arrived at the hotel bar after the "show" and the dinner I saw them sitting there and I thought I will ask Uwe Kroeger to have a photo taken from him with Karin....
I think she loved me to bits in that minute because she would never have asked that.... So as I am "only" the photographer I thought I could ask - if not - then not.... I had nothing to loose....

So this was my evening in Duesseldorf - the programm on Saturday will follow tomorrow.... I am off to the city center to get new running shoes and a new running pant and maybe a shirt. Later on I have an appointment with Karin (above) to give her the photos I've taken with my invoice (yay!)

2 Kommentare:

  1. Sounds like a stressful time from home to Düsseldorf...Not sure I would have managed on my own, this is where I turn to my hubby and say...*Take off work and take me please!* LOL
    But you got there, am so proud of you...all on your own!
    I'm driving to Frankfurt tomorrow all on my own to fetch Landi again...am nervous but have to do it!

    I have never heard of that German singer but think he looks fake, over tanned and like plastic ~ not my type of all...
    Am glad your client was happy with her photo with him..
    The photo's are good and very clear...I am still learning...

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. how exciting for you and your friend! :) what a fun trip you are having.

    AntwortenLöschen