Montag, 19. Juli 2010

Day "x" has come.......

.....and I cannot believe that my neighbours and close friends will move to Essen today - I think I told before we are friends for more than 12 years now and neighbours for 6 years and although we haven't met every day it was such a great relationship. 
Their children are in Essen already - they were picked up by friends yesterday evening and they took them to their house for the next week. When they came to say goodbye we all cried and they came 3 times to say goodbye! You really felt that they didn't want to go - didn't want to realize that they are now 600 km away and didn't want to say goodbye.
We had a nice evening with our neighbours yesterday - talked about "good old times" and had laughters and then again tears in our eyes but I think the big "Goodbye" this evening will break my heart.
I always find it harder for those who stay - for the others a new challenge starts - they have so much to organize - everything is new and there is excitement all over.
For those who stay they are reminded often - house all empty and windows closed - but we now have a new challenge too. We bought that half of the house in addition to ours and from next week in there are several things to do - like two new windows - house has to be painted - balcony has to be modernized and and and... Nevertheless it will always be the "Schwarzens House" (Their last name is Schwarz  - that means black and they are often called "Blackies" by us)

Its funny to see how your life "disappears" step by step in this cardboards...



This is not my neighbour - its one of the "relocation-people"

I did a photobook for them with all events and holidays we did together - new years eve, skiing, barbeque-ing,
birthday parties, walks, cycle tours and I am waiting impatiently for the book to arrive as I've ordered it 2 weeks ago and was told that it was posted on thursday. Normally it takes just one week to be  produced and sent over. But due to the fact there are holidays now they told me that it might take a little longer to produce.

So hopefully the postman will ring soon :)

1 Kommentar:

  1. So sad for anyone to say good bye to their friends, I had to say good bye to many South Africans who lived here in Germany with me ~ its horrible, the tears and the emptiness when they go.
    Your friendship goes a long long way...will be thinking of you this evening...big hug..me

    AntwortenLöschen