Donnerstag, 19. August 2010

team up thursday - week 15 - self portrait

Hello - here we go again with a new theme on our team up thursday - self portrait. This time I chose the theme.
I have to say I normally don't like seeing me on/in photos - I don't know why but I always have something to moan. So this was not easy for me but the challenge for me was to chose one of only 3 photos I did of myself.
I didn't want to take 100 photos in line and then choosing the nicest one - no I thought " I am how I am" yesterday after a 3,5 hours drive on the Autobahn and I've unpacked my suitcase and put away all the things I normally have with me when at home by my parents I took my cam and went in front of the mirror in our bathroom and here we are:




"This is Marcelle"  - and I love this photo - the lightning is just perfect - the background with lots of photos of her and her family makes this photo special regarding the theme - self portrait - in a way she shows herself with not just a photo of her - with showing how important her family is to her and you not just get a "face to a name" - no you see a lot more. WELL DONE PARTNER - THINK YOU DID A PERFECT JOB AGAIN THIS WEEK





I had to grin again when I got Marcelles photo - look both of us with the camera on the photo - both of us the cam on the right hand side (seeing the photo) and see our upper hand - LOL


10 Kommentare:

  1. Kerstin, your photo is beautiful. I love how you've faded out the background so that the focus is just on you. It is a soft and dreamy photo and i think that 'profile' is well-suited to a photographer!

    Well done. Beautiful photo.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. WELL DONE PARTNER

    Received your together pic now and have uploaded it. Was in such a rush to get it out this morning I didnt get a chance to write anything as had mommy waiting for us to go run...
    Will go and edit and write something later, now need to get my sweaty clothing off and eat breakfast.

    You always have such observant things to say about everyone photo's ~ you are a natural photographer for sure,....

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Love the way you both have a different way of looking at life. Great that Marcelle has all the family pics in the background and I love the soft focus and ethereal effect you have on yours.
    Lovely images, both of them.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. You're both in sync with each other! I love how both of your faces are visible and not hidden by the camera. I also like how you're both holding the camera the same way. Your photo 'almost' has the feel of black and white except for the peachy color of your skin - has a nice feel to it PLUS I just love seeing your face so clear - cute smile toooooo!!!!!!

    GREAT JOB, TEAM!!!!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. You two certainly are "two peas in a pod". Love your theme for this week, great captures!
    xxx
    A

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Fun theme. Great team. Fun to see you both. Interesting that you both held your cameras for the shot...no timers. Both looking into a mirror. cool!

    Are you both left handed? can you buy a left handed camera? is yours a Nikon as well? I'm confused as to why your shutter release is on the other side of mine...is it the mirror that is throwing me? LOL

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I love your portrait...very beautiful!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Very much alike! I just love seeing self portraits. You are both beautiful :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. It is really hard to get photos of ourself AND post them for the world to see. So brave. But look how great they turned out!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. These two photos work so well together, and such great smiles in both portraits! Well done again!

    AntwortenLöschen