Dienstag, 18. Mai 2010

Showing you my hometown Schlüchtern







For almost 22 years I am now living in Munich - I love Munich and since my teenage years I wanted to live there. Every summer when my parents, my sister and I packed our car for holidays and drove all the ways down to Austria or to (former) yugoslavia and we passed Munich I always said: One day I will live here.

And in 1988 I finally moved and not even one single minute I have regret this decision. Nevertheless I sometimes am "homesick" although Schlüchtern is not so far away from Munich - about 400 kms and a 3 hours drive (with no traffic jam).  But funny thing is all the things that bothered me when I in my young 20th I now love these things: For example - as my parents were running a bakery we were known in our small town and so everyone knows what the others were doing - our neighbour (an old man who didn't sleep very much in the nights and often sat on his window) told my father: Kerstin came home at 02.00 at night - do you know that? She stood in front of the door for more than half an hour - I don't know the boy she was hugging... LOL - what other entertainment should an old man have????
When I walked in town most of the people knew my face and asked: Hey Kerstin, why not at school - not helping in the bakery or in the bakers shop... bla bla bla....
Nowadays I am sooo happy when I meet people who recognize me, my face and my name - time changes.

So now here are a few pictures of my beloved hometown Schlüchtern - about 35 km away from Lauterbach :)















3 Kommentare:

  1. It looks so peaceful there and down right beautiful! I can imagine those leaves of my family tree seeing your town.
    LOL, small towns are like the TV show Cheers...everybody knows your name and I totally understand that. I grew up the same way, lol.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. What a beautiful, beautiful place you live - so bright and vibrant! I know the feeling about everyone knowing your name/business as I live in a small town now and it's the same here. I chucked when I read about the man who saw you kissing!!!!! Whenever I go to a BIG city I'm always happy to get home to the smallness of my world - less stress and people always help each other out BUT, I know what you mean! Beautiful photos!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. PS. I grew up in the Los Angeles area (near Hollywood, California) - very, very, very big compared to where I live now.

    AntwortenLöschen