Montag, 31. Januar 2011

My "new job" as a dog nurse.....

Seems "the boys" are acting like babies or little children..... playing along with others and coming home sick....
Last week we had the stomach flu here - and Max and Ben were really poorly..... such sad eyes - they didn't even want food..... very untypical for Labradors. No games - no entertainment - they only laid in their beds or on their pillow in the living room and they both slept the whole day....  Worst days were thursday and friday - saturday they were a little better but also very tired. Sunday I felt the engergy came back to both of them - they jumped around and played - ran around and food was highly welcome....
Yesterday evening Max started to sneeze like hell and now he is coughing teriible... so later I will pack him and take him to the vet again - normally I wouldn't do it after one day of sneezing and coughing but as Max will have his surgery on his hip next tuesday he has to be fine and super healthy....
yes - surgery will take place on thuesday next week and honestly I don't know how I feel. My parents are telling me all the time I don't have to worry too much about the two dogs - I shouldn't forget they are "just" dogs. But having them now for almost half a year they are real members of our family and I won't miss one of them - even I could tell endless about the things they didn't right or destroyed....Always thinking that they are "children" and have to "explore" our and their world. And there is sooo much to to and to learn - for example how a tulip tasts -lol!!!! Or that "stolen" water from a watering can is much better than the water they get served...
Isn't it funn to "steal" a piece of meat during a barbeque? And the garden needs a new "pattern" so put out the flowers "mum" put in....What does it mean when "mum" shouts "no"??? Means "yes - try it" isn't it? "Mum"s arms are getting longer with every walk we do - when we can see a dog in front of us we do this so called "stretching" for mum - starting to run to that dog.  - that are the bad habbits...
the good habbits are much more ..... whole dog is "shaking" because of joy when "mum" comes downstairs in the morning. ....to comfort "mum" when she is in a bad mood - loving her to bits and curling around her feet while she is working...... being brave at the vet - listening to "mum" most of the time - going to bed in the evening when told without any "discussion" - sleeping lots of hours during the day so that "mum" can work - and and and....

2 Kommentare:

  1. I didn't know dogs could have a stomach flu but I do understand your concern for your babies.
    I bet your parents don't have dogs? People without dogs often can't understand that a dog is a part of a family and how much you love them and care for them.

    I would feel exactly the same as you if our sweet Bella was sick.

    Hope they feel better soon.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Glad your lil men no longer have the flu! Just dogs? Yes...but, how loyal and loving! The smallest of things make them happy and personally I think the human race could learn much from them. They can drive ya nuts but in the next minute make you smile, FAMILY! LOL, sorry for the rant but I just can't help myself...they look so much like my Hercules. It's okay to love 'em like a "MUM" cuz...THATs what you are to them. :-D

    AntwortenLöschen